We ship orders via UPS, FedEx, USPS or LTL carriers. You may identify on your order the preferred method of transportation. Otherwise we will ship via the best method to save you money and assure the most timely delivery possible.
Tracking information is supplied once your order ships. It is the Customers responsibility to track and monitor your package in transit. It is also the Customers responsibility to notify us if a tracking number is not received within five business days of order placement. Once the package is delivered to the address you provided the package becomes the responsibility of the Customer. Basis for delivery is carrier records which reflect date and time of delivery. Once your products are delivered, you assume all responsibility for them, including the risk that they may be stolen or damaged. We recommend you have your packages delivered to a location where someone will be available for delivery. You release Powder Valley from all liability and responsibility for your products after they are delivered. Delivery address change may be requested while package is in transit. Carriers charge Powder Valley for this service and the charge will be passed on to the customer.
Hazmat Packages: We can ship up to 48 lbs of different powder and primers under one hazmat fee to save you money. UPS and FedEx charge $22.99 Per Package on Hazardous Materials. Powder and Primers are Hazardous.
FedEx requires a signature on all hazardous material packages and will not allow the packages to be redirected to an alternate address.
UPS may require a signature when delivering your package.
Please make sure someone will be available to sign for your package when delivered. If no one is available to sign for the package when delivered and the package is returned to Powder Valley, the Customer is responsible for all charges related to the return.
Bullets, brass, media, equipment and other non incendiary devices are not considered hazmat. We will ship via the best method to save you money.
California: Due to new CA regulations all ammunition must be shipped to a licensed FFL holder or a FFL03 and Cert. of Eligibility holder. Please have your FFL or ammunition vendor forward a copy of their license to [email protected] or fax to 620-229-8690. Please reference order number when sending FFL or license. Failure to do so could result in a delay of shipment. No sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento or San Francisco.
Connecticut: Please forward a copy of your permit prior to shipment.
Illinois: Please send a copy of your FOID card and a State Photo ID. Please send to [email protected] or fax to 620-229-8690, prior to shipment. We cannot ship to the City of Chicago.
Massachusetts: Massachusetts Firearms ID or License to Carry must be submitted to [email protected] or fax to 620-229-8690. ID must be current, valid, and completely legible.
New Jersey: When ordering handgun caliber ammunition, you must email a copy of your FID to [email protected] or fax to 620-229-8690, prior to shipment. We can only ship to the address on the ID
New York: We can only ship to licensed FFL’s or Seller of Ammunition Certificate holders. Please have your FFL or Seller of Ammunition, forward a copy of their license to [email protected] or fax to 620-229-8690. Please reference order number when sending FFL. Failure to do so could result in a delay of shipment. We cannot ship to Manhattan or the surrounding boroughs
Rhode Island: Must be 21 years of Age. Pistol/revolver safety certificate or Rhode Island hunter education course card issued by the department of environmental management must be submitted to [email protected] or fax to 620-229-8690. ID must be current, valid, and completely legible.
The provisions of above this section shall not apply to full-time members of the state police, full-time members of the state marshal’s office, full-time members of city or town police departments, or state marshals or correctional officers, persons serving on active duty as a member of the United States armed forces or organized reserves or National Guard, or persons licensed to carry a firearm pursuant to § § 11-47-11 or 11-47-18.
Washington DC: No sales
Our typical shipping charges for ground transportation are based on the subtotal of your order.
Subtotal Under $100 $12.95
Subtotal $100-200 $15.95
Subtotal $200-400 $19.95
Subtotal $400-500 $24.95
Subtotal $500-700 $29.95
Subtotal $700-1000 $35.95
Subtotal $1000-1400 $45.95
Subtotal $1400-1700 $49.95
Subtotal $1700-2500 $59.95
Subtotal $2500-3000 $69.95
Subtotal $3000-3500 $79.95
Subtotal $3500-4000 $89.95
Subtotal $4000-5000 $99.95
Subtotal $5000-6000 $109.95
Subtotal $6000-7000 $119.95
Subtotal $7000-8000 $129.95
Additional shipping charges are assessed for multi box shipments. This will be shown in the cart prior to checkout. Please use this as a guide only. Freight for Wads, shot, media and cast bullets are subject to increased freight charges. If there are any additional freight charges we will contact you prior to shipping. UPS and FedEx have implemented new over weight fees of $24.00 per package weighing 50 lbs or more. For this reason we may split orders into multi package shipments in order to save you money. Please contact an associate if you need assistance.
Alaska and Hawaii freight charges will be reviewed prior to shipping. If there are any service requirements mandating additional shipping charges Customers will be notified in advance of shipping. Taxes are an estimate and are subject to change based on jurisdiction. You will be contacted prior to shipping if there are any freight differences due to location, package weight, etc.
- Free Shipping applies to products designated as “Free Shipping” on orders which include at least one product designated as Free Shipping and the total product value of the entire order is at least $99. Additional Fees for Non-Free Shipping products, oversize charges, additional packages, remote delivery charges, and HazMat/other fees still apply.
- If an order contains at least one product designated as Free Shipping and there are NO oversized/overweight products, no Remote Delivery Surcharges, and no HazMat products on the order, there are no shipping charges associated with the order.
- If an order contains at least one product designated as Free Shipping and there are oversized/overweight products, Remote Delivery Surcharges, or HazMat products on the order, the incremental oversize/overweight charges, Remote Delivery Surcharges, and/or any HazMat Fees still apply.
- Free Shipping applies to Retail Customers only.
Free Shipping Promotions:
- Excludes Dealers, Hazmat Fee, Shot & Wads & Bulk Bullets (Berry’s, Zero, Blue Bullets, Hornady, Winchester & Factory Seconds)
- Order minimums must be met to qualify.
Free Hazmat Promotions:
- Hazmat Discount will be applied as a coupon showing a deduction from the subtotal of order.
- Applies to ground shipments in the continental US only – Next Day Air, Two Day Air, or other non-ground shipment methods are not eligible.
- Alaska and Hawaii shipments are not eligible for Free HazMat Promotions as they must ship via Two Day Air or Ship. Please call for your quote 620-229-8685 or email [email protected]
- Order minimums must be met to qualify.